Waikato Secondary School Sports Suspended Under COVID Alert Level 2 Thursday 13th - Monday 17th August

Waikato Sport Suspended - COVID-19 - Te Awamutu College

NOTE: The letter below is for 13th to 17th Aug.  Another letter on 18th Aug said sport is resuming.

Dear Principals

The Waikato Secondary Schools Sports Assn. Executive have conferred today to assess our secondary school sporting competitions over the upcoming weekend.

WSSSA wish to inform all members schools that we suspend all Secondary Schools Sports competitions until Monday 17th August and a review of this decision will be updated earlier next week or pending any government announcements on alert level status. This decision has taken into account the welfare of your students and minimizing the risk to your schools of further disruption of your academic year.

Some schools have already determined their students are unavailable this weekend due to the fluid and evolving COVID 19 situation, while others, schools and RSO’s have expressed concerns around the immediate impact for management of venues to enable Public Health requirements to be met especially those with multi courts and fields.
We know students will be disappointed and we will work with all parties to resume as soon as feasible.

For now we ask all schools and their community to follow updates at www.wsss.org.nz or on the Sports App “WSSS”

Kind regards
On behalf of WSSSA Executive

Tony Rogers | Secondary Schools Executive Sport Director | 027 488 3279

Website & KAMAR Integration by Inbox Design