In the senior school students are beginning to look to life after seconday school - futher education or training; employment opportunities.
Therefore there is a focus on:
- Academic performance
- Acquiring qualifications
- Preparing students for future employment
Students are encouraged to participate fully in:
- NCEA (Levels 1, 2 and 3)
As with the junior school, senior students also have differing learning needs and abilities.
To meet these we offer:
- Academic Counselling
- Study Skills
- Regular Tutorials
- A range of pathways through the senior course structure
- Career guidance through a comprehensively resourced, up to date career suite
- Work experience opportunities
- STAR taster courses
- Extensive community work place links (Gateway Programme)
National Certificate of Educational Achievement (NCEA)
Students in 2019 will be working towards Level One, Two and Three of a qualification called NCEA which stands for the National Certificate of Educational Achievement. NCEA will provide an opportunity for all Year 11, Year 12 and Year 13 students to achieve a level of success in the national qualification.
Students will plan their course carefully with guidance, in order to take advantage of the opportunities presented. To achieve maximum success they should study at their correct academic level.