Enrolment Scheme - Te Awamutu College
TE AWAMUTU COLLEGE (146)
Enrolment Scheme (see dates below)
Effective from 31 January 2023
The development and operation of enrolment schemes is undertaken under authority granted under Schedule 20 of the Education and Training Act 2020, which describes the basis on which the Secretary’s powers in relation to enrolment schemes will be exercised.
- Starting at and including 199 Fillery Road (but not Fillery Road addresses above 199), the boundary extends east to include all of Limeworks Loop Road and Smith Road, crosses Te Pahu Road at 1266 Te Pahu Road (not including addresses below 1266 Te Pahu Road) and continues east to include all of Grove Road and Grove Access Road, to the Waipa River.
- The boundary crosses the Waipa River and continues east to cross Old School Road north of 99 Old School Road (Old School Road addresses below 99 and Finlayson Road are not included) and continues east to cross Kakaramea Road (SH 39) north of 1350 Kakaramea Road (SH 39). Addresses above 1350 Kakaramea Road (SH 39) are not in zone. Duncan Road is included in the zone.
- From 1350 Kakaramea Road (SH 39) the boundary extends east to cross Gillard Road north of 351 Gillard Road (addresses below 351 Gillard Road are not in-zone), and southeast to cross Rukuhia Road north of 779 Rukuhia Road (addresses below 779 Rukuhia Road are not included in the zone).
- From 779 Rukuhia Road the boundary extends east to cross McGregor Road north of 240 McGregor Road (addresses below 240 McGregor Road are not in-zone).
- From north of 240 McGregor Road the zone extends east along Fokert Road, including all of Dingle Road) to Great South Road (SH 3). Ohaupo Road (SH 3) addresses north to the intersection of West Road are included in the zone. Douch Road is not included).
- The zone extends down West Road and includes West and Kite Roads addresses (and Karl and Mill Roads) but not Norrish Road or Lynds Road.
- From the end of Kite Road the zone boundary extends south-east to the intersection of Jary and Wallace Roads. From this point the boundary extends in a straight line to the intersection of Cox and Cambridge Roads. Cox Road is not included in the zone.
- The boundary then extends south to the intersection of Chamberlain, Parklands and Roto O Rangi Roads, and includes Chamberlain and Parklands Road but not Roto O Rangi Road. From this intersection, the zone extends eastward to include Cowan Road, Judge Road, Koroko Road, Maru Road and Maungatautari Reserve, following the base of Maungatautari from the end of Maru Road clockwise to a point west of 951 Oriepunga Road.
- The boundary extends from this point east to include 951 Oriepunga Road and east to the Waikato River, including Westlea Road.
- The boundary then follows the Waikato River south to the Waipapa Dam, and then extends south west to include all Mangawhio Road, Wairehi Road, Waipari Road, and Tolley Road.
- The zone then extends north to include all Duncan Road (Ngaroma, Atkinson, Hingaia, and Loop roads are included), and all of Wharepuhanga Road.
- Mangatutu Road addresses from the intersection of Wharepuhanga Road and Mangatutu Road to the intersection of Mangatutu Road and Pamotumotu Road are included in the zone (but not Mangatutu Road addresses south of the Pamotumotu Road intersection or Grice Road). Pamotumotu Road is in-zone.
- Happy Valley Road and Cottle Road are in-zone, but not Waverley Road or Whibley Road. Lawry Road and Terry Road are in-zone.
- Ngahape Road addresses north of the intersection with Whibley Road are in the zone (but not Ngahape Road addresses south of the Whibley Road intersection). Awatane Road, Anso Road, Puketarata Road are not in zone. Gallagher Road E is in-zone.
- From the Whibley and Ngahape Road intersection the boundary extends north to where Otorohanga Road (SH 3) crosses the Mangakeao Stream (i.e. to include 892 and 893 Otorohanga Road).
- The boundary follows the Mangakeao Stream to where it is crossed by Te Ara-o-Tūrongo (North Island Main Trunk) and extends west, to cross Ouruwhero Road north of 989 Ouruwhero Road (989 Ouruwhero Road and addresses below are not included in zone).
- From north of 989 Ouruwhero Road the zone continues west to the Waipa River and follows the Waipa River to north of Cannon Road (Cannon Road is not included, Morgan Road is included).
- The boundary then extends west to include Kiwi Road and exclude Parihoro Road, to the intersection of Ormsby Road (SH 39) and Ngutunui Road (Ormsby Road addresses south of Ngutunui Road are not included).
- The zone extends west to include all of Ngutunui Road, Robertson Road, Potts Road, Scott Road, Pekanui Road and Te Rauamoa Road as far as Kawhia Road (SH 31). Kawhia Road (SH 31).
- From the intersection of Te Rauamoa Road and Pekanui Road, the zone extends north, excluding Okupata and Pirongia West roads, through the Pirongia Forest Park, to 199 Fillery Road, where the zone began.
Note: Both sides of all streets and roads included in the above description are included unless otherwise stated.
Proof of residence within the home zone will be required.
Each year, applications for enrolment in the following year from in-zone students will be sought by a date which will be published in a daily or community newspaper circulating in the area served by the school. This will enable the board to assess the number of places which can be made available to students who live outside the home zone.
Out of Zone Enrolments
Each year the board will determine the number of places which are likely to be available in the following year for the enrolment of students who live outside the home zone. The board will publish this information by notice in a daily or community newspaper circulating in the area served by the school. The notice will indicate how applications are to be made and will specify a date by which all applications must be received.
Applications for enrolment will be processed in the following order of priority:
- First Priority this priority is not applicable at this school because the school does not run a special programme approved by the Secretary for Education.
- Second Priority will be given to applicants who are siblings of current students.
- Third Priority will be given to applicants who are siblings of former students.
- Fourth Priority will be given to any applicant who is a child of a former student of the school.
- Fifth Priority will be given to any applicant who is either a child of an employee of the board of the school or a child of a member of the board of the school.
- Sixth Priority will be given to all other applicants.
If there are more applicants in the second, third, fourth, fifth or sixth priority groups than there are places available, Selection within the priority group will be by ballot conducted in accordance with instructions by the Secretary, under Schedule 20, Clause 3 (1) of the Education and Training Act 2020. Parents will be informed of the date of any ballot by public notice in a medium appropriate to the area served by the school. For more information see https://www.tac.school.nz/news/out-zone-enrolments.
Applicants seeking second or third priority status may be required to give proof of a sibling relationship.
- By 1 September the Board will decide whether there will be any out of zone enrolments.
- By 15 Sept - Board advertising of any out of zone enrolments. This will be via the Te Awamutu College Website and the local newspapers.
- 13 October – deadline for out of zone enrolment applications.
- By 27 October – confirmation to applicants the results of out of zone enrolment ballot.