Out of Zone Enrolments
The Te Awamutu College Board invites Out of Zone Enrolment applications from parents/caregivers who wish to enrol their children at Te Awamutu College for next year.
Enrolment at the school is governed by an enrolment scheme, details of which are available on the Te Awamutu College website (https://www.tac.school.nz/enrolment-scheme).
Applications should be made to the Principal’s PA (Liz Parsons) via email to [email protected]
The deadline for receipt of applications for out-of-zone places is 9am Friday 13 October 2023. Applications should state which Priority criteria this student meets (see below).
The Board has determined that 12 places will be available at Year 9 for out-of-zone students next year. There are no Out of Zone Enrolment places available at other Year Levels for 2024.
If the number of out-of-zone applications exceeds the number of places available, students will be selected by ballot.
Applications for out of zone enrolment will be processed in the following order of priority:
- First Priority: must be given to any applicant who is the sibling of a current student at school.
- Second Priority: must be given to any student who is the sibling of a former student at school.
- Third Priority: must be given to any applicant who is a child of a former student at school.
- Fourth Priority: must be given to any applicant who is either a child of an employee of the board of the school, or a child of a member of the board of the school.
- Fifth Priority: must be given to all other applicants.
If a ballot is required, it will be held on Friday 20 October 2023. Parents/caregivers will be informed of the outcome of the ballot within three school days of the ballot being held.